Wednesday 4 January 2012

D-DAY: HEADING OFF

Today is the day.  I am a little nervous, but very excited.  In a few hours I am planning to meet up with two of my group at Heathrow which will be great, and I will be in Madagascar by this time tomorrow.  Let the adventure begin!

True to form, I have only just finished packing and now have only a few minutes until I need to start getting ready to go.  I checked, and fortunately the clothes I had set aside still fit despite the few celebratory kilos I have piled on and am ready to work off.

I am looking forward to volunteering with Azafady, winner of Best Volunteering Organisation in the 2007 Responsible Tourism Awards.  In the past two years, Pioneers have helped build 6 schools allowing access to education for some 1,800 children who previously had no educational opportunities and with Pioneer assistance, Azafady now has 10,000 seedlings of two critically endangered species in its nurseries.  It will be wonderful to be a part of these projects.

I will write when I can so keep an eye out in about a week, and then in early February and early March and sometime in April when I am back in Europe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment