Thursday 15 December 2011

THREE WEEKS TO GO: CAMPING AND KINDLING

Now is the time to donate if you have not yet gotten around to it, as I only have around 24 hours to go to reach my fundraising target.

To read more about the wonderful lemurs and the threats they are facing, see this article published today by the BBC.  It is a very sad tale with no simple solution: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16138206

On a lighter note, Azafady has posted some great pictures sent in by former volunteers: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150415149378603.362616.18672113602&type=3

I have now bought a tent which I hope will be storm resistant, and also well ventilated (I am trying to be optimistic here, but suspect it will go one way or the other).  According to online reviews, the tent can be set up in 3 minutes by even a novice camper.  I didn't want to get the tent wet and dirty by pitching it outside - I'm sure plenty of water and dirt will be headed its way soon enough - so I tried to test this assertion by erecting the tent in the spare bedroom .  It was not a successful mission as the bedroom was too small for the poles, but all the same, I suspect it is going to be more than a 3 minute job for me.

In preparation for long flights (and I am hoping there will be some down time in Madagascar), I have loaded up my Kindle with books from BBC’s top 100 list, and as it is likely I will find a good few of those hard going, books 1 and 2 from the Game of Thrones series.

I feel that I made some good progress this week in my pre-trip preparations, which is probably just as well since I fly out in just three weeks time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment