Thursday 22 December 2011

TWO WEEKS TO GO: ALMOST READY

Firstly a big thank you from me (and the lemurs) to everyone who has donated and/or shared a link to this blog. 

Details of my preparations for this adventure aside, I hope that you have learnt something new about Madagascar and Azafady, for example, that most of the Malagasy people rely on subsistence slash and burn agriculture, which involves clearance of remaining forest (already down to around 10%) to plant crops. Azafady works closely with communities helping them with income generation activities and to manage their resources in a sustainable manner.

I am feeling surprisingly organised.  I have had the last of my vaccinations, and there is now a very big pile of stuff I have set aside, including my many prescription medicines and an enormous pile of over the counter tablets and creams.  Just out of interest I weighed these with my toiletries.  It came in at a bit over 4kg and the collection is not quite complete…  There are a few other bits and pieces I have ordered online and in store so fingers crossed these arrive on time, especially the adventure sandals and spare camera batteries – living without electricity poses a small dilemma in this digital age and I would hate to miss the perfect lemur snap.

No comments:

Post a Comment